Alpbachtal – a holiday like in a picture book
The Alpbach Valley is one of Austria's most unspoilt Alpine valleys. Without having to forego the conveniences of modern society, visitors to the Alpbachtal find themselves on an excursion through the Tyrol of the past. Framed by the rugged mountain peaks of the Rofan Range and the green grassy mountains of the Kitzbühel Alps, the region with its ten villages is a veritable gem.
- Train journey incl. seat reservations on the ÖBB Nightjets NJ 40491/40420 from Hamburg or NJ 421/420 from Düsseldorf or NJ 421/420 from Amsterdam to Jenbach and return (upgrade to couchette possible! – see prices and train connections)
- komoot voucher for the World Package worth € 29.99
- Transfer from Jenbach railway station to the chosen accommodation in Alpbach, Brixlegg, Reith im Alpbachtal, Rattenberg, Kramsach, Münster, Brandenberg or Radfeld and return
bookable from € 108,-
Written bookings can be made at least 7 working days before arrival directly with ÖBB Rail Tours at:
- +43 (0)1 89930 (Mon-Fri, on weekday, from 9:00 -13:00)
- request form
The travel documents will be sent by email only.
Your luggage in the NJ
Easily stowed luggage can be stored in the luggage racks above the seats. Since the space is limited in height, bulky pieces of luggage should be stowed under the seats.
Your contact for hotel bookings
- Tourismusverband Alpbachtal
Zentrum 1, 6233 Kramsach
- Tel. +43 (0)5337 21200
- Tourismusverband Alpbachtal
Alpbachtal favourite locations
The Alpbach Valley has a lot to offer: magnificent panoramas, picturesque lakes, impressive gorges, unusual museums - and so much more. Discover our 10 favourite places in the Alpbachtal.
Alpbachtal art & culture
The Alpbach Valley is an Alpine recreation area and at the same time a cultural living space with great contemporary history and a range of unique art and cultural programmes.
Alpbachtal top hiking tours
The Alpbachtal between the Kitzbühel Alps and the Rofan Range is home to numerous exciting tours.
- Panoramic trail Wiedersberger Horn:
A circular hiking trail leads around the Wiedersberger Horn, guaranteeing fantastic views.
- Gratlspitze – Alpbachtal peak with mountain panorama:
Thanks to an exposed position with a panoramic view in all directions.
- Adventurous hike through the Tiefenbach Gorge:
Top hiking trail along the gushing white waters of the Brandenberger Stream.
Alpbachtaler summer moutain lifts
In no time, the Alpbachtaler summer mountain lifts bring you up to lofty heights. At the top, great peaks, two adventure playgrounds for families and numerous hiking options await you.
Tip: in summer, mountain lift rides are included in the Alpbachtal Card.
The Alpbachtal Card makes your summer holiday even more exciting. Included from the first night at all Alpbachtal hosts! Summer mountain lifts, museums, Regiobus, swimming pools and more.
Please provide the address of your preferred accommodation in Alpbach, Brixlegg, Reith im Alpbachtal, Rattenberg, Kramsach, Münster, Brandenberg or Radfeld when making your booking.
2 suitcases + 1 piece of hand luggage per person are included in the price. Each additional suitcase will be charged at €10.00 each way. 1 item of sports equipment is also included in the price. Each additional item of sports equipment will be charged at €10.00 each way.
Find, plan and share your adventures with komoot.
With your rail ticket for the respective route, you will also receive a voucher for your komoot World Package worth € 29.99. Valid until 31.12.2023.
ÖBB Rail & Drive
Off on holiday by train & car. The environmentally friendly mobility offer combines rail travel with car travel in a convenient way. This way you can get to every beautiful corner of Austria for your excursion. Locations are represented throughout Austria.
from/to Hamburg or Düsseldorf or Amsterdam
Offer includes train journey incl. seat reservation* on the ÖBB Nightjets NJ 40491/40420 from Hamburg or NJ 421/420 from Düsseldorf or NJ 421/420 from Amsterdam to Jenbach and return, transfer from the railway station to your preferred accommodation in Alpbach, Brixlegg, Reith im Alpbachtal, Rattenberg, Kramsach, Münster, Brandenberg or Radfeld and return, as well as a komoot voucher for the World Package worth € 29.99.
|01.05.-31.10.23||Adult||Children 6<15 years|
* Surcharge per person and direction in a couchette (incl. breakfast)
- Children under 6 years on request
- Couchette in a 4-person compartment € 30.00
- Couchette in a 6-person compartment € 20.00
- For maximum privacy, the compartments can also be booked as a separate (private) compartment. This enables you to travel in a compartment with just your family or friends, without having to share it with other passengers who are not in your group.
- The rail ticket is valid on the booked train only. Limited number of places available – bookings are otherwise possible for an additional charge.
- Surcharge transfer for only 1 person: € 29.-
NJ 40491/NJ 40420
NJ 40491 Outward journey railway Station NJ 40420 Return journey dep. 20:12 Hamburg-Altona arr. 09:04 dep. 20:22 Hamburg Dammtor arr. 08:53 dep. 20:29 Hamburg Central Station arr. 08:47 dep. 21:57 Hannover Central Station arr. 06:49 dep. 22:59 Göttingen arr. 05:51 arr. 08:53 Jenbach dep. 21:06
Trains run daily
NJ 421/NJ 420
NJ 421 Outward journey Bahnhof NJ 420 Return journey dep. 19:29 Amsterdam Centraal arr. 09:58 dep. 20:02 Utrecht Centraal arr. 09:25 dep. 20:37 Arnhem Centraal arr. 08:44 dep. 21:44 Düsseldorf Central Station arr. 07:25 dep. 22:17 Köln Central Station arr. 06:55 dep. 23:05 Bonn Central Station arr. 05:59 dep. 23:47 Koblenz Central Station arr. 05:11 arr. 08:53 Jenbach dep. 21:06
Trains run daily
Rebooking and cancellation
The rail ticket is valid on the booked train only. Limited number of places available – bookings are otherwise possible for an additional charge.
Are you unable to go on your trip?
- Up to 16 working days before arrival: € 50.00 processing fee per booking
- Cancellation from 15 working days to 4 working days before arrival: Cancellation fee 60% of the total package price
- Cancellation from 3 working days before arrival: Cancellation fee 90% of the total package price
Processing fee for changes of any kind after fixed booking: min. € 30,- per booking
A rebooking is treated as a cancellation and a new booking.
We recommend that you purchase travel cancellation insurance!
Travelling safely by train during the coronavirus pandemic
COVID-19 SECURITY MEASURES
Before booking, please inform yourself about the currently valid COVID-19 safety measures at Corona-regulations current measures