Zillertal. In love with the mountains in summer
Unique nature experiences await you in the Zillertal! Sun terraces with a high alpine panorama, creative cuisine with a traditional background and an almost limitless range of offers in the valley and on the mountain characterise the picturesque Zillertal and an unforgettable summer holiday. Whether hiking, biking, climbing or relaxing - in the magnificent mountain scenery of the Zillertal you will encounter unique moments and unforgettable moments everywhere. Whether you take leisurely walks in the valley, go on a discovery tour in the high mountain nature park Zillertal Alps or get closer to the impressive peaks of the Zillertal mountains with one of the ten summer mountain railways is entirely up to you. With the Zillertal Activcard, all mountain railways in the Zillertal are included from 27 May to 29 October, and many other discounts await you!
- Train journey incl. seat reservations on the ÖBB Nightjets NJ 40491/40420 from Hamburg or NJ 421/420 from Düsseldorf or NJ 421/420 from Amsterdam to Jenbach and return (upgrade to couchette possible! – see prices and train connections)
- komoot voucher for the World Package worth € 29.99
- Transfer from Jenbach railway station to the chosen accommodation in Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach, Aschau im Zillertal, Stumm or Ried im Zillertal and return
bookable from € 128,-
Written bookings can be made at least 7 working days before arrival directly with ÖBB Rail Tours at:
- +43 (0)1 89930 (Mon-Fri, on weekday, from 9:00 -13:00)
- request form
The travel documents will be sent by email only.
Your luggage in the NJ
Easily stowed luggage can be stored in the luggage racks above the seats. Since the space is limited in height, bulky pieces of luggage should be stowed under the seats.
Your contact for hotel bookings
- Zillertal Tourismus GmbH
- Tel. +43 (0) 5288 87187
- Zillertal Tourismus GmbH
In love with the mountains in the Zillertal
Hiking, biking, climbing and pleasurable relaxation. In the magnificent mountain world of the Zillertal you will find unique experiences and unforgettable moments everywhere: Action as well as seclusion, culinary as well as alpine delights, happy family time and exciting adventures. Those who treat themselves to a time-out in the Zillertal will be whisked away into a world that opens eyes and makes hearts beat faster.
Unforgettable alpine experiences
Whether you prefer to take walks in the valley, venture into the most pristine corners of the Zillertal Alps High Mountain Nature Park or get closer to the numerous Zillertal peaks with one of the ten summer mountain railways - the Zillertal is guaranteed to have the right thing for everyone: from panoramic sun terraces and exceptional cuisine to action-packed paragliding and water excursion destinations and adventure playgrounds on the mountain.
The all-in-one ticket for ultimate enjoyment of nature. The Zillertal Activcard is the ideal holiday companion for everyone who wants to enjoy and experience summer in the Zillertal with all their senses. It opens the doors to an impressive mountain world, makes it possible to discover countless special features and guarantees almost unlimited mobility with mountain railways and public transport. Families can look forward not only to adventures abounding in nature, but also to great discounts.
YOU ONLY EXPERIENCE THAT HERE
- 10 summer mountain railways, 7 of them with bike transport.
- Biking in the Zillertal: a total of over 1,300 km of marked bike routes and over 2,700 metres of altitude single trails.
- Hiking & mountaineering in the Zillertal: a total of over 1,400 km of hiking & themed trails in the valley and on the mountain, summit tours on over 70 three-thousand-metre peaks, hut hikes
- Climbing in the Zillertal: 15 via ferratas, 13 climbing & bouldering areas, 2 high ropes courses, outdoor climbing tower, climbing & bouldering hall
- Over 20 action providers: Paragliding, rafting, flying fox, cave tours.
- Golfing in the Zillertal: 18 holes on the par 71 golf course in Uderns
- Over 150 culinary huts, Tyrolean inn culture and gourmet restaurants on the mountain and in the valley
INTERSPORT Rent - your bike rental in Austria
10% discount for ÖBB Rail Tours customers! Reserve your rental bike now at INTERSPORT Rent for your holiday adventure in the Austrian mountains. Simply use the link and get a 10% discount. Decide between diverse, high-quality and well-maintained bikes.
Tip: To ensure that your favorite sports equipment is ready when you arrive, reserve the equipment you want online and save time and money during the vacation!
Please provide the address of your preferred accommodation in Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach, Aschau im Zillertal, Stumm or Ried im Zillertal when making your booking.
2 suitcases + 1 piece of hand luggage per person are included in the price. Each additional suitcase will be charged at €10.00 each way. 1 item of sports equipment is also included in the price. Each additional item of sports equipment will be charged at €10.00 each way.
Find, plan and share your adventures with komoot.
With your rail ticket for the respective route, you will also receive a voucher for your komoot World Package worth € 29.99. Valid until 31.12.2023.
ÖBB Rail & Drive
Off on holiday by train & car. The environmentally friendly mobility offer combines rail travel with car travel in a convenient way. This way you can get to every beautiful corner of Austria for your excursion. Locations are represented throughout Austria.
from/to Hamburg or Düsseldorf or Amsterdam
Offer includes train journey incl. seat reservation* on the ÖBB Nightjets NJ 40491/40420 from Hamburg or NJ 421/420 from Düsseldorf or NJ 421/420 from Amsterdam to Jenbach and return, transfer from the railway station to your preferred accommodation in Mayrhofen, Zell am Ziller, Kaltenbach, Aschau im Zillertal, Stumm or Ried im Zillertal and return, as well as a komoot voucher code for the World Package worth € 29.99.
|01.05.-31.10.23||Adult||Children 6<15 years|
* Surcharge per person and direction in a couchette (incl. breakfast)
- Children under 6 years on request
- Couchette in a 4-person compartment € 30.00
- Couchette in a 6-person compartment € 20.00
- For maximum privacy, the compartments can also be booked as a separate (private) compartment. This enables you to travel in a compartment with just your family or friends, without having to share it with other passengers who are not in your group.
- The rail ticket is valid on the booked train only. Limited number of places available – bookings are otherwise possible for an additional charge.
- Surcharge transfer for only 1 person: € 50.-
NJ 40491/NJ 40420
NJ 40491 Outward journey railway Station NJ 40420 Return journey dep. 20:11 Hamburg-Altona arr. 09:04 dep. 20:21 Hamburg Dammtor arr. 08:53 dep. 20:29 Hamburg Central Station arr. 08:47 dep. 21:57 Hannover Central Station arr. 06:49 dep. 22:59 Göttingen arr. 05:51 arr. 08:53 Jenbach dep. 21:06
Trains run daily
NJ 421/NJ 420
NJ 421 Outward journey Bahnhof NJ 420 Return journey dep. 19:30 Amsterdam Centraal arr. 09:59 dep. 20:03 Utrecht Centraal arr. 09:29 dep. 20:37 Arnhem Centraal arr. 08:51 dep. 21:44 Düsseldorf Central Station arr. 07:23 dep. 22:16 Köln Central Station arr. 06:51 dep. 23:11 Bonn Central Station arr. 05:58 dep. 23:46 Koblenz Central Station arr. 05:11 arr. 08:53* Jenbach dep. 21:06**
*Due to construction work, there will be changed arrival times for the NJ 421 in the period 19./20.05. to 11./12.07.22: arr. Jenbach 09:55
**Due to construction work, there will be changed departure times for the NJ 420 in the period 21/22.05. to 13/14.07.22: dep. Jenbach 20:18
Trains run daily
Rebooking and cancellation
The rail ticket is valid on the booked train only. Limited number of places available – bookings are otherwise possible for an additional charge.
Are you unable to go on your trip?
- Up to 16 working days before arrival: € 50.00 processing fee per booking
- Cancellation from 15 working days to 4 working days before arrival: Cancellation fee 60% of the total package price
- Cancellation from 3 working days before arrival: Cancellation fee 90% of the total package price
Processing fee for changes of any kind after fixed booking: min. € 30,- per booking
A rebooking is treated as a cancellation and a new booking.
We recommend that you purchase travel cancellation insurance!