The Arlberg is a legend. It stands for passion, courage and pioneering spirit.
This is how it was here a hundred years ago when Hannes Schneider revolutionised skiing or when the Galzigbahn, the world's first cable car designed exclusively for winter operation, went into service in 1937.
This is how it is here today when a new milestone is reached: With the construction of the Flexenbahn in winter 2016/17, Ski Arlberg became the largest ski area in Austria and is therefore also one of the 5 largest ski areas in the world!
Rebooking and cancellation
The rail ticket is valid on the booked train only. Limited number of places available – bookings are otherwise possible for an additional charge.
Are you unable to go on your trip?
- Up to 16 days before arrival: € 50.00 processing fee per booking
- Cancellation from 15 days before arrival: cancellation charge of € 100.00 per person
- Cancellation from 72 hours before arrival: cancellation charge of € 160.00 per person
Processing fee for changes of any kind after fixed booking: min. € 24,- per booking
A rebooking is treated as a cancellation and a new booking.
We recommend that you purchase travel cancellation insurance!
Together with your railway ticket for the relevant route, you will also receive a collection code for your 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-day ski pass, which you must enter at an ÖBB ticket machine upon your arrival at the destination railway station in Austria. In return, you will receive a voucher, printed on ÖBB security paper which you can simply exchange for the original ski pass at the lift ticket office. The deposit for KeyCards should be paid directly at the lift ticket office.
Travelling safely by train during the coronavirus pandemic
The safety of our passengers and employees is of the utmost importance to us – for this reason, we kindly request that you observe the following rules of conduct to keep everyone safe.
- It is mandatory to wear a face covering on the ÖBB Nightjet. However, there are a few exceptions to this rule. These include if you are staying in your own compartment without other passengers, when you are sleeping, when eating or drinking, for children up to the age of 6 and for people with medical conditions who are exempt due to health reasons.
- You are responsible for bringing your own face covering with you.
- Please maintain a safe distance from other passengers.
- If you need to cough, please do so into the crook of your arm or into a tissue.