The oldest visitable mine in the world brings the more than 2500-year history of salt, the "white gold" of earlier centuries, to life. You can follow in the footsteps of the Celts and also explore the world of mining from the Middle Ages right up to the present day. The mine railway is a fun and comfortable way to get into the salt mine, and two long miners' slides lead to the underground salt lake.
You can also find out about the importance of salt - as the essence of life - on the Kelten.Erlebnis.Berg. The Celtic village SALINA, the new show manufactory and a themed playground are best explored playfully with the Salt Worlds app.
- ÖBB rail travel 2nd class to Hallein and back
- Admission to the Salt Worlds Salzburg in Hallein and the Kelten.Erlebnis.Berg
- Regional bus-transfer to Bad Dürrnberg and back
per person from € 42,-
Booking options and other price information from/to all other ÖBB train stations, as well as First Class surcharges
- at all ÖBB ticket counters
- online in the shop area of the ÖBB ticket shop shop.oebbtickets.at/en/shop
- mobile via ÖBB App
- at the ÖBB customer service +43 (0)5 1717-3
- at the ÖBB travel agencies
For bookings from abroad, we recommend the ÖBB customer service at +43 (0)5 1717-3, in particular for rail passengers. Tickets are sent by mail (mail charges € 5,- per postal item) – bookings must be made in due time!
Attention! Print@home not possible! The ticket must be printed at a ÖBB ticket vending machine in Austria. In Austria: ÖBB Ticket vending machine, ÖBB travel agencies at the ÖBB train station, ÖBB ticket counters.
01.01.-08.01. + 04.02.-31.12.2023
|adult with VC*||adult||children 6<15 J.|
Salzburg, Bischofshofen, Schwarzach-St.Veit
Zell/See, Attnang-Puchheim, Stainach-Irdning (via Radstadt)
Vienna, St. Pölten, Graz, Innsbruck
* Price with a valid ÖBB VORTEILSCARD
** Per VORTEILSCARD Family, a maximum of 4 children aged 6 - 14.99 can be transported free of charge by rail. You pay the cooperation partner's share for the children on site.
The salt mine is open to children aged 4 and over. The Kelten.Erlebnis.Berg can be explored by visitors from 0 to 99 years of age.
ÖBB Rail Tours-Tip
Free background information and context is provided by the new Salt Worlds app augmented reality function, virtual adventure game and additional salt knowledge (available in the App Store or on Google Play).
Don't forget warm clothes and sturdy shoes!
- Newly presented mine tour: four eras of salt mining on the Dürrnberg
- Salt Manufactory
- Kelten.Erlebnis.Berg: themed playground; Celtic village and Salt Worlds app
Infos to your train ticket
The train ticket is valid within 2 calendar days for one return journey (36 hours from the start of the journey).
Departing from any ÖBB station in Austria with an ÖBB train of your choice listed in the valid ÖBB timetable.
The Kombiticket is not valid for night trains!
Together with your ÖBB ticket, you will receive a voucher for your leisure activity. At the ticket office of the place you would like to visit, you can then exchange this voucher for your ticket.
Before buying a Kombiticket, please make sure you enquire about the opening hours and days closed or check the operating days and operating hours on the individual partners’ websites.
Rebooking and cancellation
Are you unable to go on your trip?
- Cancellation before the 1st date of validity of the Kombiticket: You will receive a 100 % refund of the Kombiticket.
- Cancellation after the 1st date of validity of the Kombiticket: No refund of the Kombiticket is possible.
In order to receive a refund, it is necessary to return the entire set of unused tickets! It is not possible to get a refund for partially unused services!
A rebooking is treated as a cancellation and a new booking.
- 03.11.2022 to 08.01.2023: 09.00 p.m. to 3.00 a.m.
- 9.1.2023 - 3.2.2023 closed for revision
- 04.02.2023 until 31.03.2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- 01.04.2023 to 05.11.2023 from 09:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 06.11.2023 to 07.01.2024 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.